We have completed yet another of our New Projects - the official Website of the Belarusian Basketball Federation Public Association (abbreviated as «BBF») - Bbf.by. The new Website combines the features of both a news site and a sports theme site.
Also, third-party statistics for all basketball competitions of our athletes in Belarus and abroad are fully integrated and redone in accordance with the general design of the site in our country.
Features of the new project:
- unique design, both the main and all internal pages of the site in accordance with the basketball theme of the site and the BSE colors
- 2 sites in one — The Belarusian BSE website that we have developed combines under one site content management system (CMS *), both the site of the basketball federation itself and the site of the Children and Youth Basketball League (DUBL) — http://bbf.by/dubl
- a special section has been created with all basketball schools in Belarus http://bbf.by/federatsiya/shkoly, thanks to which any school, especially one that does not have its own website, can get its own page, its own mini-website, and place on the page all that it needs - a description, location map, coaching staff, contact details and most importantly - a form «Enroll in school»
- 2 independent language versions are implemented on the site, moreover, both under the BSE website and under the DYUBL website
- third-party basketball statistics are fully integrated into the site , which is configured through the site management system
- the site is fully integrated with social networks - the counters with the number of subscribers are updated automatically, when you click “share”, page data is automatically taken, etc.
- a completely new site structure was created after analyzing the existing structure and synthesizing from it, and additional sections were added in accordance with the BSE goals
- full site adapted for mobile devices
- all articles, news and pictures are transferred from the old site to the new
- redirects were created from all old links to new ones , due to which, for example, all social network subscribers can continue to get to the pages they need by clicking on links from posts
- absolutely all parts of the site visible to the user (front-end*) are tied to easy and free Joomla! site content management system of the latest version, which allows the staff responsible for the site to easily and quickly change everything on it without involving outside web developers
- additional functionality has also been added - photo and video galleries, blocks for displaying game statistics and news, a large slider on the main pages of the site and much more
As a result, by combining 2 sites into one and under one management system, real savings were achieved in resources that would have been expended if these sites were created separately from each other.
Link to the project: https://belarus.basketball
Individual parts of the project:
Screenshot of the project home page:
* The frontend is the part of the site that is accessible to everyone. In fact, this is the site itself - the main and internal pages that the user sees.
** CMS (content management system, "SUS") - software for convenient management and creation of site content.