- Why is this needed?
- What does the law of the Republic of Belarus say?
- Text of the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of 10.23.2017 No. 797
- What is the site version for the visually impaired?
- How does it look?
- Our Development Benefits
You can find out the price of creating a site version for the visually impaired or the cost of developing a site version according to GOST 2105-2012 for CMS 1C-Bitrix by contacting us by phone. +375 (17) 307-06-27, +375 (44) 474-20-25 or by emailing us mail email@example.com.
Why is this needed?
Every year in Belarus, about 2 thousand become visually impaired (according to BelTIZ - “Belarusian Association of the visually impaired”). In 2019 in Belarus, there may be about 28 thousand visually impaired people. All these people are disabled people of the 1st and 2nd group.
- The first disability group is assigned to people who have completely no vision.
- The 2nd group of disability is assigned to people who have 5-7% vision.
Most of these people lost their eyesight due to injury or illness, and each of us may be in their place.
To increase the comfort of life of such people in the Republic of Belarus, a number of laws have been passed, according to which on all sites of state bodies, a Site version for visually impaired people and people with visual impairments should be created.
Another such site adaptation is called as:
- version of the site for visually impaired
- version of the site for the visually impaired
- version of the site for people with disabilities
- black and white version of the site
but in all these cases it is about the same.
What does the law of the Republic of Belarus say?
10/23/2017 Decision of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus No. 797 "On Amending and Adding to the Regulation on the Functioning of the Internet Sites of Government Agencies and Organizations" , which amended the Decision of the Council of Ministers dated April 29, 2010 No. 645 "On certain issues of the websites of state bodies and organizations and the recognition of the decision of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of February 11, 2006 No. 192 as invalid» .
Decree of the Council of Ministers dated April 29, 2010 No. 645 regulates the rules of work of state websites.
Government sites are:
- Government sites
- websites of government organizations
- sites of business communities that are fully or partially managed by the state
Decree of the Council of Ministers dated 10.23.2017 No. 797 states that:
- the site should provide for the availability of information for the visually impaired in accordance with the requirements defined in technical regulatory legal acts. At the same time, the website should provide a version (support special technologies) for such people with disabilities and be compatible with various web browsers.
Decree No. 797 entered into force on January 1, 2019.
Text of Decision of the Council of Ministers of 10.23.2017 No. 797
You can download the full text of the decision here:
What is the site version for the visually impaired?
The version for the visually impaired is a special version of the site created for people with poor eyesight. The development of the site version for the visually impaired should be carried out using:
- contrasting colors (white and black)
- sans-serif fonts (e.g. Arial)
- font size should be large (2 or more times than on a regular site)
- site logo should be monochrome i.e. one color (black on a white background or white on a black background)
- small items should be excluded
In the Republic of Belarus there is GOST (state standard) that governs the requirements that a version of the site for the visually impaired must comply with - this is STB 2304-2013 (STB 2304.2013): Internet resources. General visibility requirements for the visually impaired.
Thus adhering to the legislation of the Republic of Belarus, each "state" site should have a button so that the user can switch to the mode for people with disabilities.
What is the site version for visually impaired?
You can see an example of the work of the site version for visually impaired people on the website of the University of Civil Protection of the Ministry of Emergencies of the Republic of Belarus made by our studio. Follow this link http://ucp.by/ and in the website that opens, click on the button , which is located in the header of the site.
Our web studio is located in Minsk and is developing a version of the site for the visually impaired for WordPress, 1C-Bitrix, Joomla, Drupal, MODX .
You can find out the prices or order the development of a site version for the visually impaired by contacting us by phone +375 (17) 307-06-27, +375 (44) 474-20-25 or by emailing us mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Development terms are set depending on the CMS site:
- 1C-Bitrix, Drupal, MODX - from 3-5 working days, since sites on this CMS are usually less standardized (made on a unique design)
- WordPress, Joomla - from 2 business days
Advantages of our developments
All the necessary features of the version for the visually impaired will be on the control panel (in the header of the site):
- Change font size
- Change site colors - text color and background color
- Turn off images or apply a black and white filter to them
- Speaking the contents of the current page of the site
- Change line spacing
- Intersymbol Spacing
- Change the font - with serifs or without
- Disabling iframes